Gro-Sure Fast Acting Lawn Seed 80sqm
- Plants By Post Promise
- Corporate Orders
A blend of quick growing, hard wearing varieties ideal for over-seeding worn grass or filling in bare patches.
- Sow in colder conditions during early and late seasons
- Maintains colour all season long
- Seeds treated to help deter birds
Gro-Sure® Fast Acting Lawn Seed is treated to significantly improve germination and for quicker establishment.
- New and improved seed blends
- Our range is colour matched
- Fine grass blades for a beautiful, lush lawn
- Our lawn seed will grow on any soil type
- Your lawn will have a high disease tolerance
What to Expect
In good conditions blades of grass can usually be seen in under 3 weeks, however if the conditions are unfavourable this may take considerably longer.
When to Use
Lawn seed may be sown from March to October. Ideally sow during March to May or September to October.
Where to Use
Existing lawns – to over-seed
Bare soil – to establish new lawns
Patches – for repairs
How to Use
Lawn seed grows best when the soil temperature is consistently around 10—18°C. If conditions stray out of this range, time and rate of germination can be negatively impacted
How to Sow a New Lawn
1. Prepare the soil by clearing away any debris and weeds
2. Dig over the soil, breaking down any lumps and tread the soil to firm it again. Level with a rake
3. Shake the box to mix up the seeds. Sprinkle in 2 passes at right angles to each other at rate of 30g/sq. m
4. Lightly rake into the surface
How to Thicken an Existing Lawn
1. Remove any weeds. Mow the lawn closely. If the ground is compacted aerate using a garden fork
2. Spread Westland Lawn and Turf Dressing to fill any shallow holes and to level-out the surface
3. Shake the box to mix up the seeds. Sprinkle in 2 passes at right angles to each other at rate of 25g/sq. m
4. Lightly rake into the surface
- Lightly firm the ground by walking over it or use a roller. This will press the seed into the soil.
- Water thoroughly using a fine-rose watering can or sprinkler. Take care not to wash the seeds away
- Water daily until established and in very hot conditions water late in the day once the sun has gone down. It is better to water thoroughly once rather than several times lightly
- Mow for the first time when grass is 5-8cm high. Gradually lower the cutting height to about 2.5cm. After 8 weeks we recommend feeding
We take great care in packaging all our items by hand, but occasionally damages can occur.
If you arent happy with your product or the service we’ve provided we will make sure we do our upmost to sort anything that has gone wrong. Please let us know within 14 days, by contacting us via email, phone or live chat and a member of our Plants By Post team will get back to you to correct
We care about the happiness of our customers and are proud to say that all our items are in stock and shipped from our UK nursery, ensuring that they are of the highest quality and reducing our carbon footprint by not sending direct from other countries.
We are always available by email firstname.lastname@example.org, live chat or on 01403 822135.
Standard Delivery - £4.95
Delivered using Royal Mail,DPD or Parcelforce depending on package size within 3-5 business day.
Postage is fixed price and does not change with the more you buy
All items are sent using a tracked delivery service.
Next Day Delivery £6.95
Order by 3pm for next day delivery
All next day sent on DPD - DPD will provide a 1hr Time slot on the day of delivery.
Named Day Delivery
Monday - Friday £6.95
Saturday - Sunday £7.95
On the cart page you can select a specific day for delivery this will be sent on DPD and they will provide a 1hr slot on the day of delivery.
Plants By Post welcome corporate orders and are always on hand to help. Please contact us via contact form, live chat, email or 01403 822135. We will make the process as easy as possible.
Able to send to one location or multiple addresses.
Items fully tacked on Royal Mail or DPD
Handwritten messages available
Specific plant and pot combinations available Full VAT invoice issued
If you would like to discuss please do get in contact with one of our team.