John Innes No.1 Young Plant Compost Westland 10L
John Innes composts were developed over 50 years ago and are based on a traditional recipe of loam, peat and horticultural grit with added nutrients. John Innes No 1 Young Plant Compost, a loam based compost which is a naturally reduced peat mix, is specifically designed to establish young seedlings and plants.
The Benefits of Zinc complex
Zinc is a vital component of plant development. It is an essential element in the formation of cell wall structure helping retain and move nutrients and water. It also stimulates Auxin production stimulating root development and increasing photosynthetic activity by the retention of nutrients essential for photosynthesis.
Auxin is an essential component of plant development. It promotes healthy root growth leading to increased root mass and depth. The roots can access nutrients and water more effectively improving growth and reducing stress. It also is transported around green material (leaves/stems) enabling the plant to follow light sources.
Use all year round January to December
How to use
- Cut & remove non-flowering 10cm shoot. Trim to leave top two pairs of leaves. Dip in rooting gel.
- Insert firmly into compost, water and place in poly bag. In warm spot away from direct sunlight.
- Fill pot with compost. Water and allow to drain. Make hole in compost.
- Holding seedling gently by the leaves, transfer to the new pot.
- Press compost firmly around the seedling.
- Water the plant regularly and feed after 4 weeks. Place the pots in a warm, well ventilated location.
- Use in a well-ventilated place and avoid breathing dust
- Always wear gloves when gardening and wash hands after use
- Store in a frost-free place and away from weed killers and other garden chemicals