John Innes No.2 Potting-on Compost Westland 10L
John Innes composts were developed over 50 years ago and are based on a traditional recipe of loam, peat and horticultural grit with added nutrients. John Innes No 2 Potting-On Compost, a loam based compost which is a naturally reduced peat mix, is specifically designed for the growth & establishment of plants.
This compost has a rich, nutrient content making it suitable for vigorous plants such as Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Geraniums, Fuchsias and most house plants. It is easy to water and re-wet and the high loam content acts as a buffer for nutrients to help stabilise plants in pots and containers. It also contains Potassium humate.
The benefits of added Potassium humate
Potassium humate is the potassium salt of Humic acid. It helps to create healthy soil conditions through aeration making the soil easier to work with. It also assists with the availability of micro-nutrients such as Calcium, Iron, Manganese, Zinc and Copper.
When to Use
Use all year round January to December
How to Use
- Thoroughly water the plant, gently tap the pot to remove, shake off loose compost
- Place plant in new pot with new compost, fill gaps with new compost, firm down and water
- Dig a hole approx. twice the depth and diameter of the root ball
- Place plant in hole with the new compost, fill gaps with new compost, form down and water
- Use in a well-ventilated place and avoid breathing dust
- Always wear gloves when gardening and wash hands after use
- Store in a frost-free place and away from weed killers and other garden chemicals