John Innes No.3 Mature Plant Compost Westland 10L
John Innes composts were developed over 50 years ago and are based on a traditional recipe of loam, peat and horticultural grit with added nutrients. John Innes No 3 Mature Plant Compost is a loam based compost which has a naturally reduced peat mix. This is specifically designed for mature plants as it’s weight can help anchor and secure larger plants.
The unique properties of this compost make it easy to re-wet and it will retain moisture but be free draining preventing the roots from being waterlogged. This makes sure the plant has enough air to respire.
The added benefits of Slow release fertiliser
This compost will feed for up to 4 months using slow release nutrients. They work by releasing a measured amount of nutrients when watering. This will ensure the compost feeds for a longer period before its needs to be fed again. This also promotes the healthy growth and establishment of your plants.
How to Use
- Thoroughly water the plant, gently tap the pot to remove, shake off loose compost
- Place plant in new pot with new compost, fill gaps with new compost, firm down and water
- Dig a hole approx. twice the depth and diameter of the root ball
- Place plant in hole with the new compost, fill gaps with new compost, form down and water
- Use in a well-ventilated place and avoid breathing dust
- Always wear gloves when gardening and wash hands after use
- Store in a frost-free place and away from weed killers and other garden chemicals