John Innes Seed Sowing Compost Westland 10L
- Plants By Post Promise
- Corporate Orders
Westland John Innes Seed Sowing Compost is perfect for bringing seeds to life.
Specially developed to help all seeds germinate successfully:
- For fast, healthy seed germination
- Feeds for the first 3 weeks
- Added vermiculite to retain moisture
- No Green Waste
John Innes composts were developed over 50 years ago and are based on a traditional recipe of loam, peat and horticultural grit with added nutrients. John Innes Seed Sowing Compost, which is a naturally reduced peat mix, is specifically designed to establish young seedlings and plants. It provides the optimum environment for seed germination and growth into healthy seedlings.
Westland John Innes Seed Sowing Compost is the best choice for sowing seed and seedlings as it provides a balanced nutrient supply for seedlings. It is easy to water and re-wet. The high loam content acts as a buffer for nutrients.
Vermiculite is a naturally occurring mineral material that has been heated to produce lightweight, absorbent flakes perfect for a range of gardening tasks. Added to John Innes Seed Sowing compost it helps retain moisture and buffer nutrients. Vermiculite also helps
insulate seeds against temperature fluctuations and humidity changes.
Use all year round January to December
- Fill tray with compost, water and allow to drain. Make hole in compost
- Sow the seeds according to the instructions
- Water with a fine rose, and prevent dying out by using a clear cover
- Germinate in a warm spot away from direct sunlight. Keep seedlings moist
- Cut & remove non-flowering 10cm shoot. trim to leave top two pairs of leaves. Dip in rooting gel
- Insert firmly into compost, water an place in poly bag, in warm spot away from direct sunlight
- Use in a well-ventilated place and avoid breathing dust
- Always wear gloves when gardening and wash hands after use
- Store in a frost-free place and away from weed killers and other garden chemicals
We take great care in packaging all our items by hand, but occasionally damages can occur.
If you arent happy with your product or the service we’ve provided we will make sure we do our upmost to sort anything that has gone wrong. Please let us know within 14 days, by contacting us via email, phone or live chat and a member of our Plants By Post team will get back to you to correct
We care about the happiness of our customers and are proud to say that all our items are in stock and shipped from our UK nursery, ensuring that they are of the highest quality and reducing our carbon footprint by not sending direct from other countries.
We are always available by email email@example.com, live chat or on 01403 822135.
Standard Delivery - £4.95
Delivered using Royal Mail,DPD or Parcelforce depending on package size within 3-5 business day.
Postage is fixed price and does not change with the more you buy
All items are sent using a tracked delivery service.
Next Day Delivery £6.95
Order by 3pm for next day delivery
All next day sent on DPD - DPD will provide a 1hr Time slot on the day of delivery.
Named Day Delivery
Monday - Friday £6.95
Saturday - Sunday £7.95
On the cart page you can select a specific day for delivery this will be sent on DPD and they will provide a 1hr slot on the day of delivery.
Plants By Post welcome corporate orders and are always on hand to help. Please contact us via contact form, live chat, email or 01403 822135. We will make the process as easy as possible.
Able to send to one location or multiple addresses.
Items fully tacked on Royal Mail or DPD
Handwritten messages available
Specific plant and pot combinations available Full VAT invoice issued
If you would like to discuss please do get in contact with one of our team.