Slug Killer By Growing Success 500g
Growing Success Slug Killer is a blue pellet containing a naturally occurring active ingredient, Ferric Phosphate. The pellets can be used as a bait for the control of slugs on bare soil and in all edible and non-edible plants.
- Pellets containing a naturally occurring ingredient that remains effective after exposure to rain, watering and sunlight
- Certified for organic use and crops can be consumed shortly after application
- Contains ferric phosphate
- Use plant protection products safely. Always read the label and product information before use
Slugs prefer moist and soaked granules. On moist soil or in humid conditions, granules take up water and begin to swell. Once attracted to and consuming the bait pellet, slugs cease to feed. They then crawl into the ground or a secluded location to die, leaving no unsightly trace of slime secretion.
The product remains effective after exposure to rain, watering and sunlight
When to Use
- Application is usually during spring, early summer, and also n early autumn
- When attack is heavy, it may be necessary to repeat the application
- Best results are achieved by application during mild damp weather, after rain or after watering the garden when slugs are most active
- Applications are best made during the evening before slugs commence feeding
- For maximum effect (persistence on soil), bait should not be applied when rain is imminent
How to Use
Evenly scatter the pellets around all edible and non-edible plants (e.g. hostas, bedding plants, strawberries, lettuce, cabbages, etc.) at 5g per square metre. Repeat treatment may be necessary to maintain control, to a maximum of 4 treatments per crop.